Data protection policy
- Information about the collection of personal data and contact information of the controller
1.1 We are pleased that you are visiting our website and thank you for your interest. In the following, we inform you about the handling of your personal data when using our website. Personal data is any data with which you could be personally identified.
1.2 The controller for data processing on this website within the meaning of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is ID SPORTS GmbH, Parlerstrasse 6, 70192 Stuttgart, Germany, Tel.: +49 (0) 711 27 37 51 69, Fax: +49 (0) 711 27 37 51 70, email: email@example.com. The controller for the processing of personal data is the natural or legal person who alone or together with others decides on the purposes and means of processing personal data.
1.3 The controller has appointed a data protection officer for this website, who can be contacted as follows: “IITR Datenschutz GmbH, Dr. Sebastian Kraska, Marienplatz 2, 80331 München, +49 89 189 173 60, firstname.lastname@example.org”
1.4 For security reasons and to protect the transmission of personal data and other confidential content (e.g. orders or requests to the person responsible), this website uses SSL or TLS encryption. You can recognise an encrypted connection by the string “https://” and the lock icon in your browser’s address bar.
2) Data collection when you visit our website
When using our website for information purposes only, i.e. if you do not register or otherwise provide us with information, we only collect the data that your browser transmits to our server (known as “server log files”). When you visit our website, we collect the following data that is technically necessary for us to display the website to you:
– Our website visited
– Date and time of access
– Amount of data sent in bytes
– Source/reference from which you accessed the page
– Browser used
– Operating system used
– IP address used (if applicable: in anonymised form)
Processing is carried out in accordance with art. 6 para. 1 lit. f GDPR based on our legitimate interest in improving the stability and functionality of our website. The data will not be passed on or used in any other way. We reserve the right, however, to check the server log files subsequently, in the event that concrete evidence should point to illegal use.
In order to make your visit to our website more pleasant, and to enable you to use certain functions, we use “cookies” on certain pages. These are small text files that are stored on your end device. Some of the cookies we use are deleted after the browser session, that is, after you close your browser (known as session cookies). Other cookies remain on your end device and enable us and our partner companies (third-party cookies) to recognise your browser on your next visit (persistent cookies). If cookies are used, they collect and process certain user information on an individual level, such as browser and location data, as well as IP address values. Persistent cookies are automatically deleted after a specified period, which may differ depending on the cookie in question.
If personal data is also processed by individual cookies implemented by us, the processing is carried out in accordance with art. 6 para. 1 lit. GDPR to preserve our legitimate interests in the best possible functionality of the website and a customer-friendly and efficient design of the visit to the webpage.
We work with advertising partners, who help us to make our Internet offering more interesting for you. For this purpose, cookies from partner companies are also stored on your hard disk (third-party cookies) when you visit our website. If we work together with the above-mentioned promotional partners, you will be informed individually and separately of the usage of such cookies and the amount of information collected by them in the following paragraphs.
Internet Explorer: http://windows.microsoft.com/de-DE/windows-vista/Block-or-allow-cookies
Please note that the functionality of our website may be limited if cookies are not accepted.
4) Establishment of contact
Personal data is collected if contact is made with us (e.g. via contact form or email). The data collected in the case of a contact form can be seen from the contact form in question. This data is stored and used solely for the purpose of responding to your enquiry and the associated technical administration. The legal basis for the data processing is our legitimate interest in responding to your enquiry in accordance with art. 6 para. para. 1 lit. f, GDPR. If your contact is aimed at concluding a contract, the additional legal basis for the processing is art. 6 para. 1 lit. b, GDPR. Your data will be deleted after final processing of your enquiry; this is the case if it can be inferred from the circumstances that the facts in question have been conclusively clarified and provided that there are no legal storage obligations to the contrary.
5) Registration on the portal or forum
You can register on our website by entering personal data. The personal data processed for registration is determined by the input form used for registration. We use the “double opt-in” procedure for registration, i.e. your registration is not complete until you have confirmed your registration via a confirmation email sent to you for this purpose by clicking on the link contained therein. If your confirmation does not arrive within 24 hours, your registration will be automatically deleted from our database. It is obligatory to provide the aforementioned data; all further information can be provided voluntarily by using our portal.
If you use our portal, we store your data that is necessary for the fulfilment of the contract, potentially along with information on the method of payment, until you delete your access with final effect. Furthermore, we will store the optional data provided by you for the duration of your use the of portal, unless you delete it prior to this. You can manage and change all information in the protected customer area. The legal basis is art. 6 para. para. 1 lit. f, GDPR.
In addition, we store all content published by you (such as public contributions, bulletin board entries, guestbook entries, etc.) so that the website can be operated. The provision of the website with fully user-generated content is in our legitimate interest; the legal basis for this is art. 6 para. 1 lit. f GDPR. If you delete your account, your public statements, especially in the forum, remain visible to all readers, but your account will no longer be accessible. All other data will be deleted in this case.
If you add a slackline advert in the “slackspot” section, we will save and verify your email address. This is necessary to prevent misuse of the service. Your data will neither be passed on to third parties nor used for other purposes.
6) Use of social media: videos
Use of YouTube videos
This website uses the YouTube embedding function to display and play videos from the provider “YouTube”, which is owned by Google LLC, 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA (“Google”).
The extended data protection mode is used here, which, according to the provider, does not begin storing user information until the video(s) are played. If the playback of embedded YouTube videos is started, the provider uses “YouTube” cookies to collect information about user behaviour. According to “YouTube”, these serve, among other things, to collect video statistics, to improve user-friendliness and to prevent abusive practices. If you are logged in to Google, your information will be directly associated with your account when you click on a video. If you do not wish to be associated with your profile when using YouTube, you must first log out before clicking the button. Google saves your data (even for users who are not logged in) as usage profiles and evaluates them. An evaluation of this nature is carried out in particular in accordance with art. 6 para. 1 lit. f GDPR on the basis of Google’s legitimate interest in the placement of personalised advertising, market research and/or demand-oriented design of its website. You have the right to object to the creation of these user profiles, whereby you must contact YouTube to exercise this right.
Regardless of the playback of the embedded videos, every time this website is accessed, a connection to Google’s “DoubleClick” network is established, which can trigger further data processing operations without our influence.
Google LLC, based in the USA, is certified for the US-European data protection agreement “Privacy Shield”, which guarantees compliance with the data protection level applicable in the EU.
Further information on data protection at “YouTube” can be found in the provider’s data protection policy at https://www.google.de/intl/de/policies/privacy/
7) Web analysis services
Google (Universal) Analytics
This website uses Google (Universal) Analytics, a web analysis service operated by Google Ireland Limited, Gordon House, 4 Barrow St, Dublin, D04 ESW5, Ireland (“Google”). Google (Universal) Analytics uses so-called cookies, which are text files stored on your computer, to help the website analyse how users use the site. The information generated by the cookies about your use of this website (including the shortened IP address) is generally transmitted to a Google server and stored there. When using Google (Universal) Analytics, personal data may also be transmitted to the servers of Google LLC. in the USA.
This website uses Google (Universal) Analytics exclusively with the extension “_anonymizeIp()”, which ensures an anonymization of the IP address by shortening it and excludes a direct personal relationship. As a result of the extension, your IP address will previously be shortened by Google within member states of the European Union or in other signatory states to the Agreement on the European Economic Area. Only in exceptional cases will the full IP address be transmitted to a Google server in the USA and shortened there. In these exceptional cases, processing is carried out in accordance with Art. 6 (1) point f GDPR, on the basis of our legitimate interest in the statistical analysis of user behaviour for optimization and marketing purposes.
On our behalf, Google will use this information to evaluate your use of the website, to compile reports on website activity and to provide us with other services relating to website and internet use. The IP address transmitted by your browser in the context of Google (Universal) Analytics is not merged with other Google data.
As an alternative to the browser plug-in or for browsers on mobile devices, please click on the following link in order to set an opt-out cookie which disables Google Analytics to collect data on this website in the future (This opt-out cookie only functions for this browser and this domain. If you delete your cookies on this browser, you must click again on this link):
Further information about Google (Universal) Analytics can be found here: https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=en&gl=de
In the event that personal data is transferred to Google LLC. based in the United States, Google LLC. is certified for the US-European data protection agreement “Privacy Shield”, which guarantees compliance with the data protection level applicable in the EU. An up-to-date certificate can be viewed here: https://www.privacyshield.gov/list.
To the extent required by law, we have obtained your consent to the processing of your data as described in accordance with Art. 6 (1) point a GDPR. You can withdraw your consent at any time with effect for the future. In order to exercise your right of withdrawal, please follow the procedure described above.
7.5) Use of Your Data for Direct Advertising
If you subscribe to our e-mail newsletter, we will send you regular information about our offers. The only mandatory information for sending the newsletter is your e-mail address. The indication of additional possible data is voluntary and is used to allow us to address you personally. We use the so-called double opt-in procedure for sending newsletters. This means that we will not send you an e-mail newsletter, unless you have expressly confirmed to us that you agree to the sending of such a newsletter. We will then send you a confirmation e-mail asking you to confirm that you wish to receive future newsletters by clicking on an appropriate link.
By activating the confirmation link, you give us your consent to the use of your personal data in accordance with Art. 6 (1) point a GDPR. When you register for the newsletter, we store your IP address entered by the Internet Service Provider (ISP) as well as the date and time of registration so that we can trace any possible misuse of your e-mail address at a later time. The data collected by us when you register for the newsletter will be used exclusively for the purpose of advertising by means of the newsletter. You can unsubscribe from the newsletter at any time via the link provided in the newsletter or by sending a message to the responsible person named above. After your cancellation, your e-mail address will immediately be deleted from our newsletter distribution list, unless you have expressly consented to further use of your data or we reserve the right to use data in excess thereof, which is permitted by law and about which we inform you in this declaration.
8) Tools and miscellaneous
We use Google Maps (API) from Google LLC, 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA (“Google”) on our website. Google Maps is a web service for displaying interactive (country) maps in order to display geographical information visually. Using this service will show you our location and make it easier for you to find us.
Even when opening sub-pages which include the Google Maps map, information about your use of our website (such as your IP address) is transferred to a Google server in the USA and stored there. This takes place regardless of whether Google makes available a user account via which you are logged in or no user account exists. If you are logged in to Google, your information will be directly associated with your account. If you do not wish to be associated with your profile on Google, you must log out before activating the button. Google saves your data (even for users who are not logged in) as usage profiles and evaluates them. An evaluation of this nature is carried out in particular in accordance with art. 6 para. 1 lit. f GDPR on the basis of Google’s legitimate interest in the placement of personalised advertising, market research and/or demand-oriented design of its website. You have the right to object to the creation of these user profiles, whereby you must contact Google to exercise this right.
Google LLC, based in the USA, is certified for the US-European data protection agreement “Privacy Shield”, which guarantees compliance with the data protection level applicable in the EU.
9) Rights of the data subjects
9.1 The applicable data protection law grants you comprehensive data subject rights (rights of information and intervention) vis-a-vis the data controller with regard to the processing of your personal data, about which we inform you below:
– Right to access pursuant to art. 15 GDPR: in particular, you have a right of access to your personal data processed by us, the processing purposes, the categories of personal data processed, the recipients or categories of recipients to whom your data has been or will be disclosed, the planned storage period or the criteria for determining the storage period, the existence of a right to rectification, deletion, restriction of processing, objection to processing, a complaint to a supervisory authority, the origin of your data if it was not collected by us from you, the existence of automated decision-making including profiling and, where applicable, meaningful information about the logic involved and the scope concerning you and the desired effects of such processing, as well as your right to be informed of the guarantees provided in accordance with art. 46 GDPR for the transfer of your data to third countries;
– Right to rectification in accordance with art. 16 GDPR: you have the right to immediate rectification of incorrect data relating to you and/or completion of your incomplete data stored by us.
– Right to deletion in accordance with art. 17 GDPR: you have the right to require the deletion of your personal data when the conditions of article 17 para. 1 GDPR are met. However, this right shall not exist, in particular, if the processing is required for exercising the right to freedom of expression and information, to comply with a legal obligation, for reasons of public interest or to assert, exercise or defend legal claims;
– Right to restrict the processing pursuant to art. 18 GDPR: you have the right to request the restriction of the processing of your personal data as long as the contested accuracy of your data is verified, if you refuse to delete your data due to inadmissible data processing and instead request the restriction of the processing of your data, if you need your data to assert, exercise or defend legal claims, after we no longer need this data once the purpose has been achieved or if you have filed an objection for reasons based on your particular situation, as long as it has not yet been determined whether our legitimate reasons outweigh this;
– Right to notification pursuant to art. 19 GDPR: if you have exercised your right to rectification, deletion or restrict processing vis-à-vis the controller, this party is obliged to inform all recipients to whom the personal data that concerns you has been disclosed of this correction or deletion of the data or restriction on processing, unless this proves impossible or involves a disproportionate effort. It is your right to be informed regarding such recipients.
– Right to data portability pursuant to art. 20 GDPR: you have the right to receive the personal data you have provided to us in a structured, current and machine-readable format or to request its transfer to another controller, insofar as this is technically feasible.
– Right to withdraw consent pursuant to art. 7 para. 3 GDPR: you have the right to withdraw previously issued consent to the processing of data at any time with effect for the future. In the event of revocation, we will delete the data concerned without delay, unless there is a legal basis for processing without consent that relates to the further processing. The withdrawal of consent shall not affect the lawfulness of processing based on consent before its revocation;
– Right to lodge a complaint pursuant to art. 77 GDPR: if you believe that the processing of personal data concerning you is contrary to the GDPR, you have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, in particular in the Member State where you reside, work or where the suspected infringement took place, without prejudice to any other administrative or judicial remedy.
9.2 RIGHT OF OBJECTION
IF, WITHIN THE FRAMEWORK OF A CONSIDERATION OF INTERESTS, WE PROCESS YOUR PERSONAL DATA ON THE BASIS OF OUR PREDOMINANT LEGITIMATE INTEREST, YOU HAVE THE RIGHT TO OBJECT TO THIS PROCESSING AT ANY TIME WITH EFFECT FOR THE FUTURE ON THE GROUNDS THAT ARISE FROM YOUR PARTICULAR SITUATION.
IF YOU EXERCISE YOUR RIGHT OF OBJECTION, WE WILL CEASE PROCESSING THE DATA CONCERNED. HOWEVER, WE RESERVE THE RIGHT TO FURTHER PROCESSING IF WE CAN PROVE COMPELLING REASONS FOR PROCESSING WHICH ARE WORTHY OF PROTECTION AND WHICH OUTWEIGH YOUR INTERESTS, FUNDAMENTAL RIGHTS AND FREEDOMS, OR IF THE PROCESSING SERVES TO ASSERT, EXERCISE OR DEFEND LEGAL CLAIMS.
IF WE PROCESS YOUR PERSONAL DATA FOR DIRECT MARKETING PURPOSES, YOU HAVE THE RIGHT TO OBJECT AT ANY TIME TO THE PROCESSING OF PERSONAL DATA CONCERNING YOU FOR THE PURPOSE OF SUCH ADVERTISING. YOU MAY EXERCISE YOUR OBJECTION AS DESCRIBED ABOVE.
IF YOU EXERCISE YOUR RIGHT OF OBJECTION, WE WILL CEASE PROCESSING THE DATA CONCERNED.
10) Duration of storage of personal data
The duration of the storage of personal data is determined by the legal retention period in question (e.g. commercial and tax retention periods). After the expiry of this period, the data is routinely deleted when it is no longer necessary for the performance of the contract or initiating the contract and/or there is no legitimate interest on our part in the further storage.