Is slackline dangerous for children?
Of course not, you just have to install it correctly. It must be at the right height in relation to the children. Too often people get discouraged by slacklining, not because it is hard but because they start with a slackline wrongly set up for their level (like putting a child on an adult bike).
Make your environnement safe with a slackline :
– Find solid anchors, like strong trees. (Don’t forget to use tree wears.)
– Check the environment and the reception area. There should be no stones or other dangerous obstacles. The best would be a well-mown grass.
– Don’t set up your line too high. (at knee height for children, it’s perfect)
– The line should not be too long and it should be stretched. A 3-4m slackline is already very long for children.
– Lock your ratchet, and add a ratpad for added security.
How to adapt the difficulty for children?
If walking the line is too hard, there are several reasons. First, the line may be too long and not tight enough. This is the first thing that needs to be fixed.
Then there are other ways to facilitate the practice :
– Holding the hand or both hands of an adult or another child.
– Set up a helpline above the slackline. It must be accessible to the child with his arms raised.
– use a stick that rests on the ground, like a walking stick.
Thank you for reading this article to the end.
Feel free to use my code ART15 to get 15% discount on the webshop.